Thursday, October 22, 2009

Unprepared!!

Ephesians 6:13:

Be prepared. You're up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it's all over but the shouting you'll still be on your feet. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You'll need them throughout your life. God's Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other's spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out.S

 I was definitely slapped in the face today. Completely unprepared for what was blatantly happening in the spiritual realm in the lives of my friends. The enemy has completely taken advantage of the lives of the people closest to me and perverted it to be horrifying to them. I spent my day frantically getting ready for a frate with a new friend, spending a few minutes with my cousin, and then leaving for a 5 hour frate, then coming home, watching my favorite show, and thinking about taking a nap. Meanwhile, outside of "LaLa Land", lives of two separate people that I am very close to are being individually, in completely different ways, torn apart. Wow. Can I say "UNPREPARED"?!?!?! I had no words to say, all I could do was hold them and tell them it was going to be okay. That God knew, and had them covered. As they cried in my arms, it was all I could do to not cry myself.

I don't do well with grief. I get away from it in anyway possible. I don't know how to cope and so I don't. I pretend it doesn't happen. Which is abnormal. Everyone always has an emotional reaction whereas my emotions tend to die and I become like a stone. So really I had no idea how to deal with it, so I stayed silent. I hope I did the right thing. I yearn to be a good friend. But next  time, I will be prepared. I will have words of wisdom. In the meantime, I will fight. That's what good friends do. I will fight for their lives and Jesus will intercede too. They'll be okay. I just know it.

1 comment: