Friday, February 19, 2010

My tears are in the palm of His hand.....right?

Yesterday, I woke up with the sun shining in my eyes. Certain the day held treasures unexplored, I leapt out of bed and cracked my Bible hoping to glean the 1st treasure the day had in store for me. It did. Reading Isaiah, His grace and mercies were overwhelmingly evident. My heart was softened. I cried out to God for myself, my broken heart, a friend that needs Him just as much as I do, and a hundred other things. I got up and readied myself still pondering the words that I had just read and how quickly they were absorbed into my heart. I, subsequently, could not stop crying. There were tears everywhere...for 5 hours they wouldn't stop. Unfortunately, I had to leave...so the tears that were meant for only me to know about were plastered on my face for the rest of the world to enjoy. I was so frustrated that the wouldn't stop. I ended up finding a hiding place in the middle of the city and sitting down talking to God. I prayed that He would hold my tears back, that they wouldn't keep coming, and that they would be held in the palm of His hand, that none should fall to the ground. After that, I remembered that He holds me in the palm of His hand, that I won't fall to the ground. The tears didn't stop for another hour or so. But my heart was a little more at peace.

Today will be a better day, I'm sure. But one thing I know is that I'll be okay. Even in the darkest of times, there's always that light.

No comments:

Post a Comment